By Condo Culture
In a hot sellers market with low inventory, sellers may be tempted to forgo the usual cleaning, decluttering, staging or renovating in favor of listing their property with minimal effort and work. While the hassle free approach may seem attractive, at Condo Culture we believe that it’s always important to identify improvements that will help the sale and get you the best offer in as little time as possible.
In this week's blog we take a look at recently remodeled and sold Unit 509 at 144 Park (check out the before and after pics 😍) and discuss our fave quick reno tips to make your unit stand out in a buyers or sellers market.
For a free evaluation to find out what your unit is worth or for suggested improvements to help sell your specific unit, click the link below to connect with a Condo Culture REALTOR®.
1. Update cabinets & countertops - When buying a condo, buyers pay a lot of attention to the kitchen. While a full kitchen renovation can be expensive and time consuming, to quickly and affordably improve the overall look, consider replacing countertops, refacing or painting the cabinets or simply updating cabinet hardware. Unit 509 added a fresh white herringbone backsplash and painted the cabinets white with new brass hardware to completely transform that space.
2. Floors - If flooring is damaged, dated or worn, making repairs or replacing it can go a long way in making your unit attractive to potential buyers. In Unit 509, the sellers opted to replace worn deep brown flooring with a lighter, more modern oak.
CC Tip: In today's market, many buyers are looking for carpet free condos with flooring that is durable and easy to clean.
3. Bathroom refresh - Like kitchens, a bathroom can make or break a sale. Making simple changes like updating faucets and showerheads, replacing the vanity, adding a mirror and re-caulking a tub can go a long way in improving the overall appearance.
4. Lighting - With very little effort, replacing light fixtures can very easily update your condo. The brass chandelier added to the living space of Unit 509 completes the design look and makes the condo more attractive and modern.
5. Paint - A coat of paint can go a long way to improving the overall appearance of a unit. Avoid colors & personal choices that are unique and select neutral tones that are bright and will make the space feel welcoming, airy and open.
6. Replacing Appliances - If appliances are outdated or in need or repair, consider having them replaced.
Making the right renovations before selling not only improves your chances of getting the most for your condo, but it also lowers the risk of having to reduce the price or accept a lower offer. To avoid making renovations with low resale value, do your research and speak to experts to determine the design trends potential buyers are looking for. Remember to select changes that appeal to the mass market and not your personal taste. Lastly, run the numbers to see what makes financial sense. Happy Selling!