By Condo Culture
Are you thinking about selling your condo It’s a super exciting time but it can also be stressful and take a toll on your emotions. We know you’re attached to your current home and it’s always difficult to move on. In order to ensure you have the most seamless listing experience and get full value for your investment, it is important to follow these 5 listing tips.
1. Speak with an experienced realtor and take a look at comparables with an unbiased outlook. An experienced realtor can walk you through the current market, give you an idea about what has recently sold nearby and make a fair assessment of what your property is worth. In a very volatile market like we are experiencing now, prices can change drastically within a few months and depending on your neighbourhood, condition of your property and development trends in the area.
2. Once you have settled on an acceptable price range for your listing, maximize it by ensuring you are showing the best product possible. First of all, a clean listing always shows best. Remove all junk and clutter and give your listing a full, extensive cleaning to have it show as best as possible. Once you have done a full clean you will have a much better idea of any repairs that need to be done, paint that needs to be touched up, and areas that may not show as well.
3. Spend some money. If you are willing to put in a bit of work, you can add a LOT of value to your property by putting in a little cash and elbow grease. Take a look at your property from an outside perspective and assess which areas may not show very well. It is amazing what a difference a coat of paint makes. Kitchens and bathrooms are typically very important to a buyer but renovation costs can quickly add up. An inviting entryway with fresh paint and a welcome rug can make an excellent first impression. Modern lighting can also dramatically change a space and make it feel warmer and brighter.
4. Host a great open house. Open houses are a great way to showcase your home to several people at a time and increase the excitement around the listing. Ensure that your property is sparkly clean and smells great. A scented candle or fresh baked cookies can make all the difference when people enter the door. Having lots of signage will also direct people to your listing and attract walk-ins that may not have known about it before.
5. Be realistic with your expectations. Listing and selling your condo can be hard. It is an emotional process and can be frustrating to haggle over something so important to you. However, you must be realistic with your expectations, understand that value of your home in the market and listen to feedback from both potential buyers and your agent.
If you need help selling your condo, then reach out to our friendly team to maximize its market value.